I used to love baking, it was one of my favourite past times if I was sat at home, however since having Freddie I haven’t baked anything. This weekend myself and tommy decided we would do some baking together like the ‘old times’.
During the week I came across a recipe for Churros while reading Harriet’s Blog, as I’ve never made them before I was really interested in giving them a go. I knew Tommy wanted to make sausage rolls so yesterday when he was at work I went out and got the ingredients for both recipes.
The Churros and side sauces were really fun to make so I would defiantly make them again, however next time I would make sure I had a piping bag so I could make the as pretty as Harriet’s ⭐️
If you fancy giving the Churros and chocolate sauce a go you will find the recipe Here and if the caramel sauce takes your fancy look Here on Jenny’s page. I have to say it is the most amazing salted caramel sauce everrr!!
I’m sure you all know how to make sausage rolls but here’s how we make ours.
- 2 rolls of jus rol puff pastry (will have some left over unless you prefer less sausage in your sausage rolls)
- 450g of sausage meat
- 1 egg
- Handful of flour
- Pre hear the oven at 200c/gas mark 6
- Break one egg into a cup or bowl and beat until its all mixed together.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface.
- Lay/roll out your pastry (landscape)
- Separate your sausage meat into 6-8 cylinder shapes (depending on how much meat you want in your sausage rolls).
- Lay 1 of your cylinder shapes on the pastry about 4cm from the edge, brush the edge with the egg and then cover the sausage meat with the free edge of pastry, then using a knife separating it from the rest of the pastry.
- Press the edges together with a fork
- Cut your sausage rolls the size you want them and brush them with egg.
- Lay them out on a grease proof paper covered baking tray.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they are crispy and golden. brown
- Remove from the oven and eat hot or cold.
Try not to eat them all in one go 🙊🐷
Now I have started baking again there are so many recipes I want to try, I can’t wait to do some festive baking in the next couple weeks. If you have any yummmy recipes please leave a link to them in the comments
Happy baking and hope your all having a luvleeee weekend
Much loveage Loz x